Centre for Foreign Languages
Know what CFL is?
Centre for Foreign Languages
Centre for Foreign Languages (CFL), a new innovative centre is established in our college with the notion of improving employability of our students. It intends to promote learning various foreign languages, literature and culture. Currently, the focus is on the study of language.
Proficiency in a foreign language is an added advantage for students at the time of placements and it opens up opportunities for global workplaces. Being multilingual is the need of the hour in this globalised era and our institution aims at producing employable engineers by providing them with all the requisites of the current globalised market.
Multilingual skills help our engineers to translate scientific and technical documents of foreign languages in their own native language and to enrich themselves to carry out their research in other countries. This centre currently acts as a platform for our students to learn Japanese language and equip themselves to aim for international and national placement.
What do we aim to do?
- To provide ample academic support for interested students to learn various foreign languages
- To create awareness among the students on the importance of learning foreign languages to meet and exceed the expectations of the global market.
- To enable students to communicate effectively in a foreign language and interact in a culturally appropriate manner with native speakers of that language.
- To produce engineers with multilingual skills to aid them in the process of placement and also to become better research scholars.
- To generate a common window for various foreign languages that will be beneficial to both the students and campus recruiters.
Achievements of CFL
- The CFL conducted many programmes to motivate the students to learn about other countries, their language and job opportunities.
- 12 students successfully completed Japanese N5 certification, 2 students completed N4 certification and 1 student completed N3 certification from our institution.
- More than 70 students of I, II and III years from RMKCET are learning Japanese language (N5 & N4 Level) in ABK-AOTS DOSOKAI centre, Nungambakkam, Chennai.
- Around 10 students are learning N5 Level in Indo Japan Chamber of Commerce, Teynampet.
- The CFL also arranged Japanese vendors to take Japanese classes for hostel students in our campus from 2019.
- A lot of students and faculty members participated in Japanese Road Show organized by CFL conducted by Smart Training Resources, Alp consulting Ltd, ABK centre and our Alumni.
- Japanese Trainers gave motivational talks on the following topics:
- Importance of Japanese language
- Job opportunities in Japan
- Job opportunities in Japanese companies located in Chennai, India
- Admirable Japanese People
- Historical heritage and latest technologies of Japan
- Fascinating country – Japan
Glimpses of CFL Activities
An inspiring address of our beloved Principal for the I year students in Japanese Road Show conducted by Smart Training resources.
Engrossed audience of Japanese Road Show
Motivational speech being delivered to our II and III year students by one of the Japanese Trainers
Another glimpse on the Japanese Road Show being conducted
Programmes for final year students conducted in 13.8.18 at ABK–AOTS Dosokai, Tamilnadu Centre