Separate hostels are provided for boys and girls. Boys Hostel has 100 rooms and can accommodate about 300 students and the Girls hostel has 20 rooms, which can accommodate about 70 students. The hostel rooms are spacious, adequately ventilated, well maintained and furnished with necessary accessories. The hostel also has a separate gymnasium and beauty parlour for the girls and a gymnasium, and air-conditioned saloon for the boys. The hostel, in addition, has a general store for provisions required by the students.
RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR HOSTEL RESIDENTS
- They have to pay the prescribed fee before joining the hostel; otherwise they will not be permitted to stay in the hostel. Payment in installments is not permitted.
- No student should stay in the hostel when the College is working without specific permission from the Warden.
- The mess timings are:Breakfast: 7.30am – 8.00am Lunch: As mentioned in the college time table Tea: 3.30pm – 4.00pm Dinner: 7.30pm – 8.00pm
- The study hours in the hostel are 9.00 am and 12.00 noon (on holidays) and 8.30 pm to 10.30 pm daily. During the study hours the students are expected to stay in their rooms and should avoid group discussions.
- Students can entertain the visitors only during visiting hours. The normal visiting hours are between 4.00 pm and 6.00 pm on working days and between 2.00 pm and 6.00 pm on Sundays and other holidays.
- Permission to go out of the hostel will ordinarily be given once in a month on a holiday. They can leave the hostel after 6.30 am and should return before 6.00 pm.
- No student will be allowed to leave the hostel based on a phone call. Phone calls from outsiders, other than parents of the students, are strictly prohibited.
- Parents are requested to give a list of authorized visitors /local guardians who can be permitted to visit the students in the hostel. Visitors other than those given in the list should get an authorization from the parents or the parents should intimate the Principal about the visit in advance.
- Students will ordinarily be permitted to go home only if the College is closed continuously for 5 days or more. Students going out of hostel either to the city for a day's visit or to their native places for holidays should enter the date and time of leaving the hostel and the proposed date and time of return to the hostel.
- Any student desirous of attending a function in their house, a marriage or any other ceremony will be permitted to go only if the request is made directly by the parents to the Principal.
- Local guardians authorized by parents of the students are expected to take care of the students' welfare and provide moral support. They may visit the students periodically during visiting hours.