About the Department
The Department of Computer Science and Engineering was started in the academic year 2008-09 with an intake of 60 students and increased the intake to 120 students in 2012.
It maintains excellent academic and Placement records since inception.
Students are actively participating in five Centers of Excellence (CoE) (Big Data, Cloud, Mobility, Information Security, Front End Technologies) co-sponsored by top IT MNCs.
It has State-of-Art Infrastructure and well qualified, experienced and dedicated faculty team.
The students are actively involved in Co-curricular (CSI,CSEA) and Extra Curricular (Sports and Social) activities throughout the year.
Our department facilitates Technology enabled learning and students are actively participating in NPTEL and Coding/ Project competitions across the country.
To be a source of knowledge in the field of Computer Science and Engineering to cater to the growing need of industry and society.
- To avail state-of-the art infrastructure for adopting cutting edge technologies and encouraging research activities.
- To promote industrial collaborations for professionals for professional competency.
- To nurture social responsibility and ethics to become worthy citizens.
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEO)
Graduates of Computer Science and Engineering Program will be able to
- PEO1: Be the most competent professional in all spheres and pursue higher education across the globe.
- PEO2: Successfully carry forward domain knowledge in computing and allied areas to solve complex real world engineering problems.
- PEO3: Continuously upgrade their technical knowledge and expertise to keep pace with the technological revolution.
- PEO4: Serve the humanity with social responsibility combined with ethics
1. Engineering Knowledge: Apply knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
2. Problem Analysis: Identify, formulate, research literature and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences and engineering sciences.
3. Design/ Development of Solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, cultural, societal and environmental considerations.
4. Conduct investigations of complex problems using research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data and synthesis of information to provide valid conclusions.
5. Modern Tool Usage: Create, select and apply appropriate techniques, resources and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
6. The Engineer and Society: Apply reasoning informed by contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to professional engineering practice.
7. Environment and Sustainability: Understand the impact of professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts and demonstrate knowledge of and need for sustainable development.
8. Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of engineering practice.
9. Individual and Team Work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams and in multi-disciplinary settings.
10. Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations and give and receive clear instructions.
11. Project Management and Finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of engineering and management principles and apply these to one‟s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
12. Life-long Learning: Recognize the need for and have the preparation and ability to Engage in independent and life- long learning in the broadest context of technological Change.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOME (PSO)
Graduates of B.E. Computer Science and Engineering will be able to
1. Analyze, design and develop computing solutions by applying foundational concepts of computer science and engineering.
2. Apply software engineering principles and practices for developing quality software for scientific and business applications.
3. To implement cost-effective solutions for the betterment of both industry and society with the technological skills acquired through the Centres of Excellence.